Monday, August 9, 2010

This Too Shall Pass...

Sunday afternoon the skies opened up. We'd planned to go shopping, but I changed my mind. As a result, I decided to take Caitlin grocery shopping before her morning nap. We got up and dressed and took a few pictures.



Caitlin was a big hit at the store. She enjoys people watching from the shopping cart...and is too little to grab for things yet.



As I got out of the car my phone started to ring, but it stopped. I managed to get the groceries and the baby safely in the house and rushed upstairs to put Caitlin down for her nap. As I put the last of the groceries the phone rang again.

It was the Irishman.

After one rushed phone call to our friend Dawn who rushed over in record time, we ended up here:



Okay, so this was after the pain medicine kicked in. The Irishman had bad stomach pains on Saturday but it passed. This morning at work it got so bad that his boss drove him to the hospital in her car. The pain was so intense that he got sick in the car. Yep. That woman is a saint!

The culprit? A kidney stone.

After about 4 hours he was sent home with pain medicine and a strainer. Not sure what to say about that so I will move on...



We spent the evening playing with some of the new toys Caitlin got when her friends Dylan and Logan outgrew them. While we were at it the Irishman snapped a Mommy and Me picture. (I don't think I've missed one yet!) Caitlin really did start the day with pants on...I promise!


The Irishman does not drink and rarely takes medicine of any variety, so he was feeling pretty wiped out from the day...and the medication. Caitlin came over to give him a hug.

She is waiting on a tooth, he is waiting on a kidney stone, and I am waiting for both of them to feel better!



I guess this too shall pass...

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Poor babies! Hope they both are feeling better soon.

Heather said...

He doesn't drink? But he's Irish! :o)

Jessi said...

Yikes, no fun! We're dealing with teething right now too (#6!).