Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Houston Zoo, Part 2

Well, I already mentioned Caitlin's love for the goats, but here is the next part of our zoo trip!



We met Sheri and Daniel there. I went to high school with Sheri and had heard all about the two-year-old little man but had not met him. He is such a fun kid! He is extremely verbal and super smart....and I am honestly not just saying that. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...



Daniel's grandparents got him a family pass to the zoo for his birthday. His daddy couldn't join us this time (it was 10am on a Monday morning) but we had a great time putting their zoo knowledge to the test. They knew where to go, what to see, and some of the animals by first name!

The Irishman was great to put up with all our chatter. Caitlin viewed most of the animals safely attached to his chest while Sheri and I reminisced about the good ol' days....and what everyone has been up to in the even-better-now days!

There was one animal that stood out....



The scientific name is Gaelic Fir, though it is commonly referred to as an Irishman. The reflection makes it a little hard to tell, but this one seemed to be swimming with the fishes.

Hmmm....


It was Houston hot, but we had a great time!

1 comment:

sheri said...

Awww! Such a cute post and such kind words about my little one (and me)!! Thanks!! :o)