Friday, August 13, 2010

PSF: What's Old is New

I went on a treasure hunt in my mom's garage when I was in Houston. I found stuffed animals, furniture, clothes, dance trophies, cake pans, old books, and more. Let's just say we came home with one more suitcase than we left Florida with...

One of my favorite finds was a box full of baby clothes.


The dress Caitlin is wearing now was worn by my mom when she was a baby.

There are others...mostly pastel, some smocked, some embroidered, and all beautiful.


This rocking chair was mine when I was a little girl.


The backdrop is the backing of a quilt made by my grandmother.


All these things make me happy on so many levels. I feel fortunate to get to share these treasures with my little girl!

3 comments:

CoffeeJitters (Judy Haley) said...

My mom saved a sweater and some blankets of mine from when
i was a baby. My daughter has already outgrown the sweater, but I so enjoy having those blankets for her. But my goodness, that dress on your daughter is priceless.

Elizabeth Lyng said...

So cute and so sweet - I have very little from my childhood, so I'm trying to hang on to what I do have and the important items from my own children's lives.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I agree about the family treasures!

P.S. Love the new "Irish by Marriage" title picture. Very creative!