Monday, August 16, 2010

Mooving into a New School Year

I knew this day was coming. I have not been looking forward to it. I love teaching, but my heart is at home with Caitlin. I know I will get back into the swing of things soon, but I have not missed the Sunday night routine of getting the bags ready for work and day care.

This weekend we made the most of the last weekend of the summer. We met some friends at the beach and picked up some inexpensive new beach toys.



I love how she is sticking out her tongue in this one. I just might have to sneak onto the computer at work today to look at her happy little face...


We also had to go car seat shopping. Caitlin outgrew her infant seat over the summer and we had to have a new seat for the Irishman's car for today. Not nearly as much fun as the beach, but we managed to get a few  more than our share of laughs out of it.

You see the Irishman dresses very conservatively. He wears a lot of navy. He likes things simple. Last time we bought suitcases he was not impressed with my more outgoing suggestions.

The only coupon I could find was a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon. We'd decided on the model of car seat we wanted and we went off to Buy Buy Baby. (I love that place) Unfortunately they were out of the one we wanted and only had a more expensive model. While stuck in the store for a rain storm we decided to continue on our way and try our luck somewhere else.

Caitlin fell asleep in the car, so the Irishman ran into Babies R Us to see if they had the car seat model in question. He came back laughing. Caitlin woke up so we headed in to see the seat in question.

They only had one left...



in cowMOOflage!

(Please note the pictures were taken before the straps were adjusts so no, Caitlin is not properly strapped in but was still dressed in her church clothes so I wanted a photo. The seat has been properly installed for the inaugural trip this morning!)

Babies R Us took my competitor's coupon, so it made this seat $50 cheaper than the others. It wasn't our first choice in patterns, but the MOOney was right...

Oh, the jokes.

Mommy drives the NEW car, Daddy drives the MOO car!

What does Daddy's car say? MOOOO!



We had a whole thread going on facebook with the MOOsic teacher at my school. I actually caught the Irishman googling "things that rhyme with Moo" and "cow jokes."

So, we are MOOving into a new school year, and I am trying maintain a positive MOOd.

I hope that you have a MOO-velous day....

and Eat Mor Chikn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

5 comments:

Anne said...

oh what a cute baby...

here's mine:

http://myprincecoi.blogspot.com/2010/08/macoi-had-his-hair-cut-again.html

Jennifer said...

Aww, love it!

I've honestly been sitting here trying to come up with a moo joke but I'm drawing a blank... ;)

sierra said...

Hahahaha! Love it! And you know, it being the cheaper option, I'm sure he loves the seat too ;-)

Keli said...

so cute! I like the carseat! Good luck back at work. Here from Mommy and Me Monday.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your last trip to the beach!

And, the moo seat is awesome. We have one flowery one and the others are more simple.