Monday, January 18, 2010

Working Girl



Last week Caitlin and I met up with Daddy for lunch. The Irishman could not help but take his little girl to his office to show her off. I think he would have kept her there all day if he could have!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday was a teacher work day so I took a deep breath and went to school to meet with my sub. I enjoyed seeing some of my co-workers and showing off Caitlin, but it was stressful. I cried when the principal came in to talk to me. They were nice and are going to work with me when I go back with pumping and a little space...but I SO do not want to go back.

As one might expect there were a lot of changes made in my absence. Some are little things and some are things I feel strongly about. I am trying to decide if I want to just go with it until the end of the year or if I want to fight the changes...I am not sure what is better. My poor worms in the vermicomposting bin didn't make the transition. The students seem to be making good progress though. The sub has not heard much from the parents...but looking at what I saw I can tell at least three parents are waiting for my return to request a conference. I've already gotten permission from administration to put off any parent conferences for a couple of weeks once I get back.

I know it will be hard...I just have to suck it up and do it. I will be okay. Caitlin will be okay. My class will be okay. Their parents will drive me crazy be okay. There are only 4 and a half months to summer...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the plus side, we are enjoying Daddy's long weekend.



I love the one of tummy time. It looks like Ernie is also joining in on the fun.



The Irishman has suggested a walk along the beach...if we can find our umbrella. Happy Day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Love the beach pics! When do you have to go back to work - is it that time already? :(