I had planned on writing a longer post, but I'm not feeling so hot tonight. Here are the answers to the most asked questions (and the questions I know you were dying to ask...or not!):
- Yes! We are both thrilled! We had been praying for this to happen
since we went to Australia in 2007for a while now. It seemed like it had happened for everyone else but us, but we are so happy that our prayers have been answered!
- We really stink at secrets. It is a miracle that we made it this long without spilling the beans! We told our families right away.
- Yes! We want to find out the gender of the baby. We have an appointment June 12th and hopefully our little shamrock will cooperate. At my last ultrasound the doctor said I had the most uncooperative baby of the day. Hmmm...
- How am I feeling? I am still waiting for my stomach to settle down. (And please...stories of people who were sick the whole nine months do NOT need to be shared now. If you are one of those people please, please, please keep it to yourself. I need more of the "It will pass soon" and less of the "I was sick until week 20...25...40") Yesterday was a good day. Today was not.
- The Irishman has been a saint. He is cleaning up the dinner he cooked as we speak because being in the kitchen makes me gag. He has also picked up kitty litter duty and multiple other jobs I only sort of miss doing. He has also been good about my requests for sudden changes in the menu.
- I am due November 7th.
- No one asked, but I have been CRAVING Chick-Fil-A, Sonic, and GOOD Mexican Food. At least 2 out of three isn't bad!
- I've had one major freak out moment. I called my OBs office to ask about some back pain at 10 weeks. I was calm...until the nurse said, "How soon can you get here?" Yep...the waterworks started then. I announced to the teacher next door that I was expecting and left school suddenly at 10:30am on a Friday morning. The doctor was not concerned at all about it. I did however get an extra ultrasound and a little reassurance
and Chick-Fil-A so lunchso it wasn't a complete loss.
- The condition I was told not to google? At my 7 week ultrasound they found a subchronic hemorrhage. I've seen two of the three doctors in the practice since the diagnosis and they are both confident that it is just fine and will work itself out. I've had a total of three ultrasounds and they are monitoring it. I did eventually cave and Google it, but only after reading in a few books and deciding I could be calm and handle it.
- I feel like I have a small bump, but only those looking for it can tell. None of my pants fit. My kids at school are all worried because I've left school "sick" a couple of times (once a migraine and the other my sudden 10:30 departure) and had a lot of doctors appointments. I got an e-mail from a parent yesterday though and one smart little girl in my class figured it out...and her mom put together a VERY carefully worded e-mail to inquire about my health.
That's about all for now...I'm going for a second attempt at dinner. I'll post later in the week about our upcoming trip. This time next week we'll be in the Caribbean!