Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me Monday & THE Big News



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this week.

So I have NOT spent all weekend trying to decide how to break the big news on my blog...not me!

The Irishman did NOT assist with some pretty goofy ideas of his own.

We did NOT talk about posting this picture that I have NOT kept hidden in a folder on the computer called "Top Secret":


(I did NOT rotate this picture three times this morning before giving up and deciding you can just turn your head to read it!)

We did NOT talk about using this picture that I sent to family and friends:


The Irishman did NOT come up with a million Liverpool references to announce our arrival. (There was NOT a "Baby Fernando is on the way" comment made a million times this weekend. Fernando is NOT the name of the Liverpool's legendary Spanish striker.)

This was NOT the topic of discussion Saturday night when we did NOT take our new car out for date night. (A date night on which we we did NOT get all dressed up and most certainly did NOT use a $5 restaurant coupon and free movie passes...we are NOT cheap like that!)

I am NOT behind in answering all the wonderful congratulations e-mails. I am NOT hoping that most people will read my blog instead and know that I appreciate their kind words. NOT ME!


So, here it is:
I AM 13 weeks pregnant with our first child.

(There...I did NOT finally say it!)

24 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! the best not me Monday EVER! :) I'm so happy for you both!:)

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, how wonderful! Congrats! I'm so happy for your family!

Rachel said...

Congratulations, Jenny! We are so happy for you, and will be praying for you as you start this new journey. How are you feeling (or I guess the better question is how were you feeling....you're almost done with the worst part! -- that's great)?

MN Mom said...

So NOT happy that I can just finally yell this from the roof tops....CONGRATULATIONS!
Now here come the questions: Are you going to find out the sex? And Share it? Are you going to share the name you pick? Is it going to be an Irish name? (All the best names are Irish...what's with that?)
You did a good job Irishman--now it's up to Mommy.

Rosemary said...

I am so elated for you both! How exciting! Congratulations and best wishes! I can't wait to read about the next six months of pregnancy!

Lindsay said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT!!

Megan said...

CONGRATULATIONS from a stranger over here from MckMama! Cheers, from a fellow faux-Irish!

Sonya said...

Congratulations!!! November 6th would be a very good day to have your baby.....I am not biased about November birthdays or anything. :)

Erin Parker said...

Congratulations from one November expecting Mama to another!

Kellie said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! What is your due date?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jenny!

On expecting and being done with car shopping :)

So thrilled for the both of you!

Heather said...

YAY! Congratulations! I love babies! You're going to love being a mom. This is such an exciting time in your life. Be sure to keep us all posted on all developments. BTW, you MUST find out the gender! ;)

Mauree said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys!

Jillian said...

I ran over to your blog from Mckmama's page!! I was just going to read your not me Monday post, but then I read your news!! Congrats!! I am pregnant with our first and if you ever need to hear or talk to someone that is going through it too, hope on over to my blog!! I have found it extremely reassuring to talk to others who are pregnant with their first! CONGRATS!!

Unknown said...

WAHOO!!!! Congratulations, that is SO exciting! And such a blessing! I hope you are feeling well and that you are past the yucky part and kudos to you for keeping it secret this long.

You are only a month behind me! How fun! : )

jean said...

Well congratulations! I am so excited for you guys.

harmonysong said...

How exciting!!! Congrats! Hope you are feeling well!

Basham said...

Congratulations! So happy for you both!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! How exciting!!! And what a clever way to tell your blogging friends. I was just thinking about how 2 years ago I told my family on mother's day I was pregnant, then a week later found out it was twins. You've had your first Ultrasound right?

Mama Bonn said...

I'm new to your blog, found you through MckMama's NMM post.

Congratulations!!!

Jessi said...

Oh boy, how exciting! Congratulations! Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

Hope you're feeling ok (and you'll get that question a lot).

Soliloquy said...

Now you've gone and done it.....

Voluntarily given up any hope for sanity for the remainder of your live long years......

Good thing IT'S WORTH IT!!!

Congrats!!!

Are we finding out the sex????

Angela Plymale said...

Congratulations to you both! I am so happy for you!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

hi - I found you through Jenna's blog and just wnated to say congratulations! My husband and I are TTC so I am always excited to hear about couples who have done it! I wish you all the best on your new journey. :)