Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

A few random things for your Tuesday morning:
  • The Irishman and I went with my Uncle Ken to visit Aunt Fran and Uncle Johnny. My Grandpa Bill was in town so we met him there as well. I hadn't seem my grandfather since my wedding so it was nice to catch up! Uncle Johnny is 94 and was in injured in WWII. It is always nice to catch up with them. Uncle Ken took some pictures...maybe he will share. (Hint, hint! I know you read my blog!)
  • The Irishman was most impressed...Aunt Fran made him her homemade meatballs to take home. I wasn't sure he would share, but we had a lovely dinner last night!
  • The Irishman's brother Michael and his his wife Evelyn had a baby girl last week. They will finalize the name this morning, but it looks like the cutie is going to be called Violet Kathleen. The pictures are adorable and we look forward to meeting her on our next trip to Ireland!
  • I got a text message yesterday announcing that Leslie had her twins yesterday. I have not heard the names yet, but one was 4 pounds 2 ounces and the other was 4 pounds 10 ounces. Still sending prayers their way!
  • It has rained everyday for the last week...and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. (Over 10 inches of rain this month. It hadn't rained for months before now!) It looks like the rainy season is here. Thankfully we are back to the "afternoon thunderstorms" and not the "all the time" showers.
  • Our next ultrasound in June 12. We hope we will find out the gender of the baby on that date. I am posting a poll on my blog. Go ahead and vote on your gender prediction of our little Shamrock. (Background: There are 2 girls and 1 boy in my family. The Irishman's parents had three girls and then three boys. The three grandchildren on that side of the family are all girls.)
  • There are NINE days of school left. The last few days of school are always the most painful! I think I can....I think I can...

4 comments:

MN Mom said...

Don't really have a feeling of if it's a boy or girl...but I always hope for girls!

You have been asking to see some of my quilts...I posted some pics today!

See you when we get back.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your friends babies were well over 4 lbs. I will pray for them.

I voted boy just 'cause my first was a boy. Excited to find out what you are having! : )

Agate Lake Girl said...

I'm thinking girl!

Anonymous said...

What a great list of tuesday tidbits, I vote for a boy!