Sunday, May 24, 2009

Prayers

I just read that my friend Leslie is on hospital bed rest. She is pregnant with twin girls and has gone into preterm labor. (You can read more here.)

Earlier this year my grandmother gave us a prayer card that had a prayer for those seeking to conceive a child. Thankfully after a couple of weeks we were able to switch to the prayer below it. I thought now would be a great time to share the prayer:

Prayer for The Health of An Expectant Mother and Her Unborn Child

Humble Mary of Nazareth, you were chosen by God to bear within you our world's greatest gift, the Savior of all humanity. I come to you now on behalf of (here mention name) who prays for the health and safety of the child that God has graced her to conceive.

Guard this life that God has created, and protect the mother God has chosen for this child. Let your gentle hands, like that of a skilled physician, assist in her delivery so that this baby will know good health and lasting happiness.

May her child be favored with the grace of Holy Baptism, and grow to love our Lord Jesus Christ above all else in this world. Amen.

1 comment:

MN Mom said...

I pray for your friend and her babies...