Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy

Last week was the Irishman’s birthday. Caitlin and I made a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing, per his request. It wasn’t anything fancy, but I love a chance to bake with my little girl.

She LOVES to “cook, cook, cook.” As soon as she hears you are making something in the kitchen she pulls up a chair to help. In the two days I was home with her last week we made waffles (twice), a birthday cake, and banana bread. She loves to “stir, stir, stir” after I add the eggs. Pouring milk should always come next in her book. We take turns stirring, but it is always, “Caitlin first!”

For the cake I started to let her decorate the cake, but the icing was harder to manage than I’d expected. After the first green puddle I decided to go with a shamrock theme.

IMG_8108

Caitlin had a 102 fever at this point and I’m pretty sure Sean was holding a grudge because he was the only one who didn’t get any cake!

IMG_8102

In typical fashion we re-lit the candles multiple times so that we could blow them out again.

IMG_8115

IMG_8114
Hope you had a happy birthday, sweetie!

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy birthday to the Irishman! I love red velvet cake, too...well, it's really the cream cheese icing.