Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Negatives (Part One of Two)

So yesterday was a day of ups and downs. I had so many things to be happy about...and then several that left me feeling wiped out.

**Disclaimer: This is a negative post. If you do not wish to read my moaning, leave now!

SO, I am going to do this in two parts. That way my negatives will get buried by my positives. That probably only makes sense to me, but it is "Jenny's Journal," so I guess that is okay!

So here are the things that made Friday faulty:
(It was a bad day - alliteration helps. You should try it some time.)

* One of my co-workers and I are not on speaking terms. It is just awkward. There were e-mails sent to ask questions from down the hall instead of just popping in like we would usually do. The principals have been CC'd on almost every e-mail conversation between the two of us. It will blow over, but until then...it stinks.

* Last weekend I turned the guest room into a temporary craft room. We'd really hoped it would be a nursery by now, but God does not have that planned for us. I am SO happy for all of our friends and family who have been blessed with little ones. For the past 18 months though their happiness is a reminder to us that it isn't our time yet. (Times two yesterday.)

* The car died yesterday. The engine cut out. At a light. On a busy street. Panic ensued. The Irishman called his father in Ireland. After a bit I realized that the car was still in drive so I could not take out the key to restart it. Thankfully it started up again and we took back roads home. I repeated the Hail Mary the whole way home. The WHOLE way home. Car problems REALLY stress me out. I can only thank God for getting us back safely.

* We are a one car family. The one car is 9 years old older than many of my third graders and has 140,000 miles on it. When something happens to the one car, it is the end of the world as we know it a disaster. We are freaking out distraught about this. We are considering buying something much nicer than what we have a used car. This is not the time of year (budget wise) that we would usually plan another big expense.

* We I have to drive us to the airport this week. We get back at about midnight on Sunday. Car trouble then would be bad. Very bad.

* We have learned from our poor planning past that getting back at midnight makes the next week a bear difficult. Our plans for this weekend are to get everything in order for when we get back. It is needed, but it lacks in the fun department.

* I have an appointment with the neurologist scheduled Monday. Wednesday at school my face went numb. Now my hands go numb when I rest on my elbows or carry heavy bags, but it has been 8 or so years a long time since my face went numb. It also only usually happens with a migraine. Thankfully I have been migraine-free this week. The Irishman is super freaked out. I am fine to just wait to see what the doctor has to say.

* Even before we had the car issue looming over us, Morgan and I agreed that we needed to sit down and make a holiday budget. Budgets are not fun. We started. We are really good about things like that, but they are still not fun. We have a lot of great plans for the next month or so, but we have to figure out how to make it all work.

* It is looking like our annual Christmas Disney trip is not going to happen this year. We have the tickets. We can get the time off work. We are not sure about the state of our ancient car transportation. It is still going to cost us for the hotel and food. We know we need to act like grown ups be responsible, but it still sucks is a disappointment.

So there you have it. I got it out of my system. If you actually made it to the end of this, I am sorry for leaving you with that. I guess that is just life though!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

:( I'm sorry that it was a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day! Not getting to go to Disney is not fun at all! Of course you should be upset. I also understand what you mean about the spare bedroom, it is so very fun seeing all of your friends have babies and buying them gifts, but it makes you want one that much more. It's hard to be patient and wait for God's timing. I'm sorry to hear about your car! That is a big stress especially at this time of year! We are a two car family, but both are quite used and we both do a long commute to work. I get stressed when anything goes bad with them. Again, sorry about your day and your stresses!

Rachel said...

Hang in there, my friend! I sometimes feel that it would be so nice if we could just take our "Why God" list to him and have him explain it to us right then. Until that day, I'm here for you.