Sunday, November 30, 2008

How Do You Solve a Problem Like...


a Vacuum?


(I have been singing this to the tune of How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria from the Sound of Music. Silly, but I can't help it!)

We were really quite disciplined on Friday. We avoided picking up extra $3 DVDs. We didn't pick up the $7 CDs from groups I'd be embarrassed to admit here. The clothes we bought at Macy's were all sweaters the Irishman needs for our upcoming trip to Ireland or tops I need for school.

We started our shopping at Walmart. We did fairly well. We bought a $25 Christmas tree and a $4 crock pot for my mom. We picked up the assorted DVDs we were getting for my Irish in-laws. We found a birthday present for the Irishman's eldest niece. We had a cart of good buys.

Now we are usually good about splitting up and having one of us stand in line to avoid wasting time. By the time I got there, the line snaked all the way into the Garden Center. I stood there for about 30 minutes. I watched a lot of people come by.

I saw a lot people carrying vacuums.

Pink vacuums.

Blue vacuums.

Green vacuums.

They were only $28. Our vacuum is on the way out. When the Irishman came to relieve me from my line duty, I added a green vacuum to the cart.

(Side note: I then left him and went onto Target. We couldn't waste time in line! As soon as I left, someone told the Irishman we were in the wrong line. Oops! He flew through the next line and then got to wait for me to get back from Target!)

So...

Our flight does not leave Houston until later tonight, but I am now trying to sort out how to get my $28 vacuum from Texas to Florida.

How do you solve a problem like a vacuum?

2 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Great...now I have that song stuck in my head!

Unknown said...

I am afraid you will have to pay the extra baggage charge from the airlines for your lovely $28 green vacuum cleaner. Bummer!
By the way, does the color choice have anything to do with the fact that you are married to an Irishman?