Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkins, Part 2

You might think I have a thing with pumpkins. This might have given it away. Or my love for this. And I am SUPER excited about BYOP.

In 2005 Morgan's friend Lee came to visit from London. On his previous trip to Florida, Morgan was hit by a car and broke his shoulder. (You can just imagine the fun he had on that trip!) We were looking for "American" things to do and decided to get a pumpkin. We were most impressed - and we cornered Lee into taking a few pictures of us.

(And to wrap up the Lee story, Hurricane Wilma hit the day after these pictures were taken. Poor Lee flew in from London only to experience a hurricane and a sold week afterwards without power. Needless to say he has not been back to visit!)

So each year Morgan and I have gone back for our "pumpkin picture." This year we got Catholic pumpkins from the church where we used to teach Confirmation classes. The pumpkins are under a big tent...good for the pumpkins, but bad for my pictures. The photos are a bit too orange for my liking, but I guess it is a pumpkin picture!

So I present to you our pumpkin history. (I took out the pre-marital pumpkin. Those are scary pictures. Take my word for it!)



So enjoy! The Irishman Indiana Jones has made me dinner. I'm thinking pumpkin for desert...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Awesome pictures! I love them. Thanks for sharing!

Muthering Heights said...

Cute slideshow!