Friday, October 24, 2008

Green Thumb

Earlier this week I had my yellow frilly gloves on and 19 little darlings sitting criss-cross-applesauce on the rug around me. I was digging through the Can-O-Worms looking for half decomposed fruit covered in worms. I found a nice bunch on what used to be a banana peel. The kids squealed in delight.

Then I came across something. It truly was a moment of panic. There were 19 pairs of eyes on me and something mysterious in the worm bin. I was trying to keep cool...

Then I realized that my Can-O-Worms was growing.

We fed the worms some of our pumpkin guts last week. I tried to avoid the seeds but I obviously didn't do a very good job of that. I thought I'd pulled up the sprouts, but this is what greeted me yesterday morning:

I may not have a green thumb, but my worms do!

No comments: