Monday, October 27, 2008

My Irishman

I was invited to steal this from another Jenny who teaches in Florida.

So here is a meme about my Irishman...

1. He's sitting in front of the TV. What's he watching? When I'm not around he will put on CNN, Star Wars (Has anyone else noticed that it is ALWAYS on some cable network), or DVDs of old Liverpool victories. He owns every episode ever made of West Wing, Only Fools and Horses, and Father Ted.

2. You are out to eat, what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Oil and vinegar

3. What's one food he doesn't like? Our house is a mayonnaise free zone. He is also not a fan of ketchup. Or mustard.

4. You go out to a bar, what does he order? Coca-Cola

5. Where did he go to High School? Ashton School in Cork, Ireland

6. What size shoe does he wear? 10 1/2

7. If he were to collect anything, what would it be? The spare room is currently a shrine to Morgan's favorite things. We've graduated from posters to framed pictures of his favorite sporting moments. There are also a number of Star Wars "things" around the room.

8. What is his favorite sandwich? Meatloaf sandwiches. They usually come about because I am SO sick of the leftover meatloaf that he has to finish it for both of us!

9. What would he eat every day if he could? An Irish fry up.



His mother sent him some Irish breakfast meats for his birthday last year. Rashers, sausage (not the same as the American stuff), black pudding, and white pudding were waiting in a freezer box outside the door when we got home from work. Morg was in heaven.

10. What is his favorite cereal? Due to high cholesterol and blood pressure (see above!) he has switched from the "fun" cereals to the healthy stuff. He is pretty easy going about it though as long as the milk is heated first.

11. What would he never wear? A Manchester United jersey.

12. What is his favorite sports team? LIVERPOOL! He is a fanatic. He loves sport though and loves his teams...Blackrock, Cork, Ireland. Thank goodness for the Internet!


(an artistic shot of the Liverpool crest on his shorts...)

13. Who will he vote for? We don't usually agree on politics. However I am okay with that because my vote counts more. As an Irish citizen he will not be voting in Novemeber.

14. Who is his best friend? His family. (I told him I said that and he was horrified that I did not say that I am. I consider myself to be part of his family!) In terms of the family across the pond though, we thank God that we found Vonage. We have unlimited calls to Ireland and England...and we use it!

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Use ketchup. He really can't stand the stuff.

16. How many states has he lived in? Just Florida. Not quite a fair question for him though. He has also lived in Ireland and London. They also spent summers in Spain growing up. He's well traveled.

17. What is his heritage? Umm, Irish. He's the real deal...accent and all.

18. You bake him a cake for his birthday, what kind of cake is it? He likes cheesecake best, but not homemade. His birthday would require a trip to the Cheesecake Factory. I can't compete with that!

19. Did he play sports in High School? He played field hockey and coached soccer.

20. What could he spend hours doing? Talking to family and friends, video editing, sleeping, eating, or listening to Christmas music.



I love you babe!


So, there you have it! Feel free to steal this yourself!

4 comments:

Beachy Mimi said...

Fun info. I'm new, so how did you guys meet?

Jenny said...

Morgan and I worked at the same summer camp. We did the long distance thing for a while and then he moved across the pond. We were married a year later. = )

MN Mom said...

Maybe I am part Irish...or if not I have something in common with one...I hate Ketchup and mayonnaise with a passion-an Irish passion!(Glad to know I am not alone.)

Unknown said...

Great meme.

So does he like potato bread and soda bread with this fry-up? I know that can be quite regional here in Ireland, so not sure if is typical for a Cork man!