Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sunrise Mass–Part 1

I’d planned one post with all the photos from Easter Sunrise Mass, but I was afraid of a picture overload, so it looks like we’ll be spreading it out over two posts instead.
As I mentioned in my last post, when we woke up on Easter morning it was pouring rain. The news said that the next city over (where the Mass was being held) was clear, so we decided to take a chance on it. I kept telling the Irishman that FAITH was leaving the house in the pouring rain knowing we we celebrate Easter on the dry beach.
I’m not sure he was convinced, but he decided against arguing with his pregnant wife…

IMG_3534

…thankfully I was right!
It was a little windy, but it turned out to be a lovely morning.

IMG_3532

It was a bit cloudy so the sunrise was not as spectacular as it has been in past years. (This was our 7th year getting up early for the Sunrise Mass at the beach!)  I can never quite get over the sight of the sun rising as the priest begins to read the Gospel. There is nothing quite like it!

IMG_3538

Caitlin was very well- behaved. It is not often that you can play in the sand during Mass!

IMG_3550

My fears of Caitlin running into the water DURING Mass turned out to be unfounded.
(Though no comment yet on what happened afterwards…)

IMG_3554

After Mass we met some friends by the water to take the annual Easter photos.

IMG_3581
But more of that next time…
~~~~~~~~~
Looking back:
Sunrise Mass 2010, 2009, 2008
~~~~~~~~~~
For more WW visit:

 and

1 comment:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Glad you guys decided to take a chance in spite of the rain at your house - looks like it was SO worth it! LOVE all the shots - beautiful! :) Caitlin is ADORABLE! :)

WW: Signs of Spring...Finally!