Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Warm Holiday Wishes

I have many, many pictures from Christmas. At 3am Christmas morning the Irishman posted on Facebook, “The NORAD Tracker says Santa is in Las Vegas. Let me assure all of you, he is still hard at work in Florida.” That should give you an idea of the kind of night we had!

We may have only had three hours of sleep, but we had a lovely Christmas! I’m overwhelmed by the sheer number of those photos, so I will start with the day after. Like we did for Caitlin’s first Christmas we took a trip on St. Stephen’s Day to the beach.

IMG_0845

I’ll be honest… it wasn’t my idea. It was late in the afternoon. Caitlin was fussy. Sean was close to feeding time. I wanted to stay home, but I knew it was important to Morgan, so we convinced Caitlin to put on more than just a diaper and we headed out.

IMG_0839

It was lovely. The weather has been warm even by Florida standards, but it was a treat to feel the sand between my freshly painted toes.

(The photo is for my mom. She enjoys bright nail polish. I told her that Santa brought me a shade of blue I would not typically wear and she mentioned something about me actually wearing it. The proof is in the photo…and the sand!)

IMG_0848

IMG_0846

We said we’d go back another time this week to take pictures, but a random woman on the beach stopped and offered to take our picture. It was a great moment to capture.

IMG_0841

I know we likely won’t live in Florida forever, so we try to enjoy things like this when we can!

No comments: