I had a completely different idea for a post today, but then I read my morning blogs and I saw this post from Holly at Tropic of Mom.
Well, I am always one for raising money for a good cause, and this post (the one I am writing...the one you are reading) just raised $10 for Children's Miracle Network. Not bad, huh?
So picture my virtual Easter basket. (I'd say close your eyes...but that makes it hard to read!) I'll make the basket a nice solid wooden job with green shamrock lining. Your name is embroidered on the outside in a nice bold green. The "grass" is shredded green paper and not the plastic stuff. (Not a fan of the plastic stuff!) Inside you will find neatly arranged the following:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs (From me)
- A Cadbury Easter Egg (From the Irishman!)
- Hershey's Cookies and Creme bars (We BOTH love those!)
- A toy lamb (Caitlin's contribution & the theme of her nursery)
- A digital photoframe (I'd fill mine with pictures of Caitlin...go figure!)
- Flip Flops for Easter Sunday Mass on the beach
Now...who do I share this with? (There is not much turn around time on this, so that is impacting who I send it to.) Let's see...
- Shannon at Agate Lake Girl
- Elaine at Misselaineous Life
- Laura at 365of30
- Stephanie at Tico20 and Beyond
- Kelly at Tootsies Tattlings
- Michelle at A Glimpse into My Life & Thoughts (If she isn't busy giving birth...)
- Laura at The Coble's
- You! (Leave me a comment and I will add your name here...trying to do two or three things at once and likely forgot someone!)
- Participate to HERSHEY’S Better Basket Blog Hop of giving away virtual Easter Baskets by creating a blog post with specific rules described here.
- HERSHEY’S will donate $7,000 for CMN
- You can give as many virtual Easter baskets as you want.
- The HERSHEY’S Better Basket Blog Hop will officially begin at 12 AM EST on March 18th and end at 12 PM EST on April 4th, 2010. Blog posts submitted to us before or after that time period will not be counted for.
- The blog post link has to be submitted to us for your participation to be counted.
- In addition copy and paste the following text in your blog post:
HERSHEY’S BETTER BASKET BLOG HOP RULES:
- Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
- Create a blog post giving a virtual Easter Basket to another blogger – you can give as many Virtual Baskets as you want.
- Link back to person who gave you an Easter Basket.
- Let each person you are giving a Virtual Easter Basket know you have given them a Basket.
- Leave your link at BetterBasket.info/BlogHop comment section. You can also find the official rules of this #betterbasket blog hop, and more information about Better Basket with Hershey’s there.
- This started as a meme of HERSHEY’S donating $10 per each blog participating to the Better Basket Blog Hop to Children’s Miracle Network up to $5,000 – but after so many bloggers participating, HERSHEY’S decided to donate a total of $7,000 honoring the kindness of blogger community .