Friday, May 18, 2012

The Nose Wrinkle

The Irishman sent me this picture earlier in the week. Sean does this thing where he wrinkle up his nose. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

imagejpeg_2_2

Morgan thinks he looks angry. I disagree. Either way, I love it enough to post again here even though it was before I washed the high chair straps.

~~~~~~~

Yesterday afternoon I left school feeling great. I had arranged a Mystery Skype for my class. We talked via Skype with a class of second graders near Cincinnati, OH and asked yes/no questions to try to guess the other’s location. I had kids on Google Maps, using atlases, typing the questions on the iPads using wireless keyboards, and others posting video/photos to a school version of Facebook. It was awesome. I have spent most of the year trying to find balance with work and school, but I felt great when I left work yesterday.

Then I picked up the kids and Caitlin ran out into the parking lot ahead of me. She cried for 30 minutes on the way home because I didn’t have any pretzels for her. I’d forgotten to put the stroller back in the car and Caitlin wouldn’t walk into the house. I had my hands full with Sean and bags. We got home and I was annoyed at how much housework there was to do, and then a certain two-year-old dumped every toy we own on top of me on the couch.

The Irishman and I worked together and got the house back together. It isn’t perfect, but it is better. He fell asleep putting the kids to bed. Today is teacher appreciation day at the kids’ day care (we found out yesterday morning) so I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies. I enjoy baking.

I burnt the whole first batch because I read the time from the high altitude directions.

Sigh.

It wasn't awful. I can atually laugh about it all now after a night's rest, but it is the kind of thing that makes you shake your head and say, "Really?"

TGIF!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sorry you had a rough day! It's very tough balancing work, our babies, home, husbands, and oh yeah ourselves! Hang in there, I think you are doing a great job! :) And I really like the picture of Sean. I think he looks extra happy, not angry.