Monday, September 19, 2011

Singing in the Rain

Saturday morning the Irishman set out to work on our patio. As part of my birthday present my grandmother and I went shopping to replace the plants that hadn’t survived the hot, dry Florida summer. Before the plants could go in though there were weeds that had filled in once my old plants were dead and the rainy season started. It was a big job. I’ll have to post pictures of the finished product – Morgan and my grandmother did an amazing job!

Well as soon as the Irishman decided he wanted to work on the patio Saturday it started to rain. It was an odd storm in that a) it was before noon and it rarely rains here in the morning during this time of the year & b) there was no thunder or lightening. It started as just a sprinkle, so my husband decided he would work outside anyway. 

He forgot that a certain almost-two-year-old LOVES her daddy and wants to do everything that he does…even if it is raining!

IMG_5438

IMG_5440

playrain2

By this point the rain picked up and they were both SOAKED. The Irishman was ready to come in and dry off, but after looking at that smile he stayed outside to play. It looks cold, but this is south Florida so don’t let the jackets fool you!

IMG_5441

I’ve been meaning to pick up a pair of rain boots for Caitlin but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. She didn’t seem to mind!

playrain1

Most of these pictures were taken through the window,

IMG_5450

while Sean and I stayed dry and watched from inside the house!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's Monday and I'm being "Miss Elaine-ous" over at The Miss Elaine-ous Life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like she had a great time in the rain. Sometimes you just gotta let them play in it.

Love that last shot. :) He's a doll, just like his sister.

Leslie said...

I swear Geneva & Caitlin are kindred spirits. They remind me so much of each other.