Thursday, September 25, 2008

Keeping an Eye on Us

I went to bed last night at 6:30 with an icepack on my head. Seriously. I woke up for about half an hour when the Irishman served dinner (yep - he is that good) and then at about 9:00 when I gave up and went up to the bedroom. I had a migraine and was out of it. Morgan tried to convince me I said strange things in my sleep, but I slept too soundly for that.

The day before I started to lose my voice. No other symptoms. No screaming or yelling at children. (I know you were thinking it!) Just randomly sounded a bit scratchy. We stopped at Target on the way home for Airborne and Zicam. I know it is probably in my head, but I swear it makes a difference. I went to bed early and I woke up in the morning fine. My head hurt (see above) but my throat was back to normal.

Thinking about it, I needed the sleep. The Holy Spirit was looking out for me. The Irishman and I are volunteering at a retreat at Church this weekend for our Confirmation class from last year. We are happy to volunteer, but we usually spend our Saturdays recovering from the week so extra sleep the last couple of nights will be useful!

I was teasing Morgan this morning. The Holy Spirit may be keeping an eye on me, but it is Morgan who the priests remember.

Morgan and I met with Monsignor several times before our wedding. He always referred to us as "Team!" In the three years since then, we frequently see him outside the church before or after Mass. It is always the same. I walk by and he shakes my hand like everyone else. Then he shakes hands with the Irishman and he looks back at me and says, "TEAM!" It is quite funny. He often throws his hands up in the air as he says it. Even my grandmother has noticed.

Last Sunday was Catechist Sunday at the 12:15 Mass. We sat in the reserved section of the church. A couple of times during Mass, I could have sworn that the Irish priest was looking at us. We were sitting behind a nun and the director of religious education though, so I decided I was being silly. After Mass we walked past the Irish priest. It looked almost as if he was waiting for us. Again, I told myself I was being silly. Always trust your instincts.

"So do you know the score of the game?"

The All-Ireland Football Championship was Sunday just before Mass. Morgan had been on the phone with his family as the game ended right before we walked into the church. He was able to give a report. We laughed all the way to the car.

1 comment:

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

hi jenny, you won a contest over at my blog, but i don't have your email address. can u email me? crunchydomesticgoddess AT gmail DOT com thx!