Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What happened to Spring?

This weekend I was in Boston for a seminar. There are a group of teachers at school working on a project with the Music in Education National Consortium's (MIENC) Learning Laboratory School Network (LLSN). We have been doing it for a few years now and have expanded the project this year. This weekend was a seminar on what leadership looks like in music education. I went with the music teacher to share our story.

Usually I enjoy trips like this, but this weekend was just plain COLD! I had been looking forward to spring, but all I got was winter. (Even the team from Minnesota was complaining - it was warmer last weekend in Minneapolis!) On the plus side I did get to take some pictures of the flowers. While we have nice warm weather in Florida, we just do not get "spring flowers."


We had a nice walk from one hotel to the other - I am not sure why we did not just stay at the same place we were meeting, but it wasn't my seminar to organize! There are some nice people involved with the project so it was nice to see them again. I've returned to Florida to find summer in full swing in all but the school calendar!



Morgan got to spend time with his brother in my absence. My brother-in-law Robert leaves Thursday. He and Morgan went to play soccer tonight so I have some time to myself to catch up on the TV I missed last week. I think we have done everything thing on Robert's list of things to do before he returns to Ireland...with the exception of tomorrow night's trip to the Cheesecake Factory. Yum!

No comments: