Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Recovery

I'd planned to post pictures from the family reunions this weekend, but I took so many it is taking me time to go through them! Here is a preview:

The Boss Frederick Tree in Covington, LA

We got to New Orleans Saturday morning. We checked into the campground and were at Paul & Belle's house for the 1pm event. We saw the usual suspect and a number of more distant family members we hadn't seen in years - if ever!


From the top deck of the Tchfuncte Queen

Sunday after Mass we spent the day on the Tchfuncte Queen for a day cruise. It really was a lot of fun. We were fed well all weekend - pulled pork, Grillades, Grits & Biscuits, Jambalaya, Fried Chicken. I bought some pralines in the airport and felt like I'd had my fix.

We had a great night tonight. We used the crock pot to make stuffed cabbage and then after dinner went to the pool for a swim. My knees are a bit sore from the workout, but it is a good sore. Nothing a little ice won't fix!

In the last two weeks I have set a 10 pm bedtime goal. We are getting better, so I have added that we are going to be in bed by 10 WITH tomorrow's clothes ironed. I guess that leaves me with a 45 minutes tonight to do 2 hours worth of grading...oops!

Only 6 and 1/2 days to go!

No comments: