Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Not what I expected...

The first thing I heard this morning when I work up was "Breaking News." It seems that there was a shooting last night at a party held in the University housing at the University where I am employed. (The apartments happen to be right next to the school.)

I could see our school resource officer on the news as I heard them say that the campus was on lock down and there would be no classes today. I watched the news for a while and then the phone started to ring - word getting through the phone tree.

So far I have cleaned my bedroom, worked on my PowerPoint for Boston this weekend, done two loads of laundry, and emptied the dishwasher.

Now instead of giving a multiplication test right now, I think I am going to Home Depot to buy something to plant in my strawberry jar. Not quite what I thought I'd be doing this afternoon!

No comments: