Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yoga, Reading, & Baseball

So I have decided that I need to relax. I'd started to grind my teeth again at night and other tense habits I'd gotten over for a while. So when they advertised Yoga classes at school I decided to give it a try. The only other time I'd taken yoga classes was when I worked at the charter school. (One of the moms there was allowed to fulfill her volunteer hour requirement by teaching a class for the staff.)

As part of our wellness plan they've brought in a nice gentleman to teach us about yoga, meditation, and other ways to relax. The first class was a little too much talk about meditation for me, but we'll see how it goes. It is nice to not have to leave school - the class is in the media center.

I have also managed to keep reading! During a school week! I LOVE to read but usually only allow myself time to read when traveling or on school vacations. This week I gave myself some time to read on the patio swing in the evening, in the car while waiting for Morgan to finish work, and so on. Now that I have finished the last book I started over spring break I think I will start another. I am promising myself that I will not get carried away. I have been known to let the world stand still as I get lost in my book. It doesn't sound like much, but reading during the school week can be risky! = )

This morning I am going to a little league baseball game. I always tell my students that with enough notice I will try to attend any extracurricular activity they might be involved in outside of school. Today two little boys from my class are playing against each other in a baseball game. I really like both of the families so I am going to go make an appearance. Not too many of them have taken me up on the offer so far this year. It should be fun! I enjoy baseball - even if it is the little league variety!

I am not sure what the rest of the weekend will bring yet. The mall? The beach? The movies? All of the above? This is why I love a lazy Saturday morning!

No comments: