Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Not-So-Lazy Lazy Kind of Day!

Well this morning I listed potential activities for today...and we did them all and then some! Morgan joined me for the little league game this morning. We got there for about 2 innings - timed well. I saw one of my students get a base hit and then steal two bases before scoring. (I was afraid I would make them nervous - I guess not!)

After the game we hit Macy's One Day Sale. I had a gift card left over from the TOY event this summer, so we bought Morgan new work pants. On the way home we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Yum!

We stopped home to change and headed out to the beach. As per request, I have pictures of the "bright sunny Florida weather."



When we got there it was quite crowded, but things emptied out as it got closer to dinner time! We both snoozed a bit - it was a restful way to spend the afternoon. No sunburns either.

After a short trip home to shower and eat some left overs we used some gift cards to go to the movies. We saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It wasn't quite what we were expecting, but it had some funny moments. The big thing was that we finally made it to a movie! We have been trying for a while now - and the times never seem to work out for what we want to see. On the plus side we now have a list of movies to put on our Netflix list!

To finish off the night we stopped at Coldstone on the way home. Morgan got a plain chocolate ice cream that left a chocolate ring around his mouth. It looked like lipstick and made me laugh. (He would hate that I wrote that here, but oh well - it was cute)

It was a spectacular day. I am still a bit surprised that we fit so much in!

1 comment:

Agate Lake Girl said...

If only you would have had a gift card to Cold Stone - you would have been really thrifty! Jon and I have days were we use them all up too. :)