Friday, August 10, 2012

Home

Today is my last day of summer vacation. Monday is back to work. It always seems to go by too fast! I was working in my classroom a couple of days this week as I watched some webinars. I showed a coworker all the projects I’d started and planned to get done before school starts. She looked at me and asked if I though I was going to be able to get it all done before the kids come. She might be right. It always gets done though!

Regardless, yesterday and today are all about home. One of Morgan’s sisters is in town and the kids are beyond excited to have Auntie June here to visit. I am not sure what today will bring, but yesterday Caitlin got to show off what she’s been learning in swim lessons. We had a blast!

~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of “home” I realized that I hadn’t posted pictures of the kids playhouse. We’d talked about buying the house for the kids last Christmas. It had been on sale and was a really good buy. Once we hesitated the price jumped and we decided it was too much to spend.

When I got an e-mail earlier this summer advertising a sale we decided to jump at it. It was on sale for $99 at Walmart. Shipping was also $99 but site-to-store was free. Grammy offered to contribute to the cost. It sounded perfect.

We got the e-mail that it had arrived and I sent the Irishman off to pick it up. Then came the frantic call. It didn’t fit in the car. We called a friend to help. It didn’t fit in her SUV either. He taken it out of the box and had all but the base. He went back in the store to ask them to hold it for him while we tried to figure out how to get it home.

We were on the phone trying to find a vehicle to borrow. There was a plan in place when the Irishman decided to take matters into his own hands.

He WALKED home from Walmart carrying the base of the house. That is almost 2 miles walking down the street carrying a clubhouse.

IMG_9959

Talk about Superman.

IMG_9960

The door and windows open and close. The doorbell rings. The phone rings.

IMG_0026

They LOVE it!

photo33
Home Sweet Home!

2 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Rylee's had hers for three years now and it has really held up well even in the sun. Enjoy!

Michelle said...

What a great play house and a wonderful, loving daddy!