Monday, November 28, 2011

Muppet Memories

The Irishman and I have spent a lot of time in the last week working on the house. We had almost gotten things the way we wanted them after acquiring the new entertainment center when it was time to take out the Christmas decorations. A lot of what needs to be done is easier to do when a certain 2-year-old is not around. We’ve had a lot of late nights lately!

Last night we decided to take the night off. Caitlin hadn’t been to “school” in a week. I go back to work in just two weeks, so I don’t want it to be too great a shock when she is back to full weeks. (I’ve been keeping her home 2-3 days a week)

The Irishman was off today but we decided make an effort to get as much work done as we could. We ordered a car seat. We did laundry. We hung the last of the lights outside. We planted poinsettias. We unpacked boxes of decorations. We filled picture frames. We made plans and ordered Christmas presents.We packed away boxes that used to hold decorations.

Then Morgan left to pick up Caitlin for a Daddy/Daughter date. He had been planning this one for a while now. You see, the first movie my husband saw in the theater was The Muppets.

themuppetshow

He has always been a huge fan. I’m pretty sure he started planning today as soon as he heard the movie was coming out.

Muppets_ver4
The Irishman picked up his little girl from school just as nap time was ending.

movie1

Kermit the Frog came with them to the movie.

movie9

I’m told Caitlin did very well. She cuddled up with her daddy to watch the film. They took a break in the middle and headed out to the lobby.

movie3

Caitlin loved the “kitties” she met there.

movie8

movie7

They went back into the theater for the finale. I think the Irishman was a little disappointed to have missed part of the movie, but I know he enjoyed getting to share the experience with his little girl.

movie2

After the movie Daddy, Caitlin, and Kermit all sat on a bench outside.

movie6

They finished the slushy

movie4

as they chatted about the film.

movie5

I would have loved to have joined them, but I am thrilled that they had such a nice time on their “date.”

2 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Ahh, what a great date. Rylee really wants to see the movie too, but I'm making her wait until it comes to our "cheap" theater. I don't mind missing parts so much when we only pay a couple of bucks. :)

Michelle said...

What a great Daddy/Daughter date! I myself really want to see that movie, but i'm sure if I took Ava I wouldn't see much of it at all. So we'll have to wait until it's available on the Redbox.