Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cherry Bottoms

My Uncle Ken went to a giant outlet store last summer and bought us many, many fantastic outfits for Caitlin. When he came back and went through the pile of goodies, he stopped at this one. When he brought it to us it seemed so big, but now it is just right!



These are the "Cherry Bottoms." My uncle was doing some people-watching and noticed two ladies with this outfit. It went in and out of the cart and they tried to decide whether or not to purchase. When they put it down, my uncle swooped in and added it to his own cart. The ladies went back later but couldn't find the "Cherry Bottoms."



I had to laugh because it reminds me of stories I've heard about my Great Grandfather. My mom says that none of the throws Great Grandma knitted were ever the same color because Great Grandpa did the shopping. He always looked for a crowd of women buying yarn. He figured that a crowd meant it was a good deal and used that to determine his purchases. As a result she had a little bit of everything to use. It seems that my uncle picked up a thing or two from his grandfather when it comes to picking the popular!



The Irishman bought Caitlin her first cell phone a couple of weeks back. It has become one of her favorite little toys. Thankfully she doesn't quite have the phone thing down yet (I love the picture in the bottom right), but she does enjoy pushing the buttons.


(I love this picture!)

I had a great time yesterday snapping these pictures as Caitlin played. The nursery is so bright and sunny in the morning that it makes the day seem full of promise.

By the end of the day yesterday the Cherry Bottoms had become Poopy Bottoms. The worst diaper failure we've ever had happened in the high chair at about the same time the Irishman had an IrishMAN flu relapse. I sent my mom a picture, but I'll spare you the gory details.

Today is a new day though. I am keeping a positive outlook. If nothing else we are one day closer to the weekend!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: