Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas is Coming


I do not have many pictures to share these days because we are still working on a Christmas picture. Caitlin has multiple holiday outfits...and each one gets its own "photo shoot." I thought I would cheat and share this one now. (Don't tell the Irishman!)

My mom is thrilled to be here and loving on Caitlin...but she is missing SNOW!!!! It is snowing in Houston today and she is in rainy south Florida where the temperature in in the 80s. It is a good thing there is a cute baby to make up for it! We have been enjoying all the "Let it Snow" facebook status updates from our Houston friends!

Last night we needed milk so the Irishman took Mom and Julie to Costco. They picked up some peppermint bark...yummy! I may or may not have snuck a piece at 8am this morning when a certain baby girl was fussing...

I just got my Christmas present from my sister. Julie is known for a lot of things, but cleaning is not usually up there on the list. She is however the queen of the Tupperware cabinet. So, instead of a gift I asked her to reorganize our kitchen cabinets. I haven't looked yet, but I hear she has finished the challenge...Merry Christmas to me! (Thanks Sis!)

Now that the kitchen is clean we can start cooking. Tomorrow we are doing our own "Thanksgiving" day. We were not together for the holiday itself, so we decided to make our own. The store is not nearly as crowded when you do your Thanksgiving shopping the week after turkey day!

Today we have Christmas cookies on the agenda. It may not be SNOW, but it will have to do! It is the first Christmas the Irishman and I will be spending in Florida. Without our usual holiday travels (and the 80 degree temps) we have both had a hard time getting into the spirit of the season, but Christmas is coming!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

It's true; as a Florida native, I can attest to having a hard time with getting spirited in this weather.

I feel like I start praying for a Christmas cold snap all the way back in October.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I heard about the snow in Houston. I wish I could have been living there to see the people deal with that - they could barely drive in the rain!

Kellie said...

I would so much rather make cookies than have snow:) That is so crazy that it snowed. I'm glad you got to have your mom with you for a while; I bet she loved it!

Heather said...

The snow was cool, but it didn't stick! So no snowmen or snowballs, just slush. I think I'd rather be there, where it's warm! :o)

MN Mom said...

So happy you have your family there! Sounds like you are having a real ball...