Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Irishman's DIY Adventures: The Closet

Saturday started like "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie." We have these great organizers...what if we paint the closet first? Notice the paint in the hair. It was every where.

It also meant that the items stored in the closet had to find a new home. This is what the "guest room" looked like two days before my sister-in-laws arrival. Notice the items my husband cleverly stored in my Texas themed BATHROOM. Yep. Fun times. Rafa didn't mind. He slept anyway.
This would be Sunday evening. Sunday was an "Alexander and the Terrible Horrible, No Good, Really Bad Day" kind of day. It is his "I am SO over this" "Maybe I'll move to Australia" look. He is standing in front of the $2 clearance baskets I got at Target. The Irishman tried to get excited about the baskets. (Can't you tell?)
This would be the almost finished product. We still have to hang the bars for the clothes. We are sort of hoping that a certain uncle of mine might help us with that. (Hint, hint!)
Is it sad that the closet is now the most put together room in the house...

P.S. The Irishman announced his DIY retirement on Facebook on Monday night. Little does he know it is just beginning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny DIY projects always bring out the best in my hubby and I (insert sarcasm)ha ha! Love the cabinet and baskets!

Unknown said...

It looks great! That look on his face if priceless though!

Heather said...

Wow! That looks awesome! I've been meaning to go to ikea for something like that.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Awesome! My closet next please!