Sunday, July 19, 2009

Four Years



The Irishman and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary on Thursday. We'd already decided that instead of exchanging gifts we would make reservations for Disney next week. At about 8pm the night before though, my husband decided he had the perfect day planned for me. I have to say he did VERY well!

We had planned to go to the gym in the morning, but when we alarm went off we both decided it would be nicer to sleep in. I made homemade muffins for him. (I had to do something to compete with the perfect day he had planned!)

For lunch, we tried out the new Tex Mex place I'd been really wanting to go to. While it did not quite measure up to Papasitos, it was by far the closest I've found in Florida. (Notice in the picture there was a pepper...thankfully there was NOT a repeat of the Pepper Incident!)

They have homemade tortillas. (YUM!) the fajitas are not contaminated with any sauce or random veggies (that one is for you Em!) and best of all...they serve sopapillas. I LOVE sopapillas.

From there we went to a paint-your-own-pottery studio. I won a voucher from the school auction and had been looking for someone to paint with. This particular place also does not charge a studio fee. I was impressed. The Irishman picked out a star shaped bowl with Santa Claus on it. (Think of it as Christmas in July...or just Morgan being Morgan!) and I painted a light switch cover for the nursery.

Later that evening we met Morgan's sisters at The Cheesecake Factory for...well Cheesecake for dinner. All in all it was a fantastic day! I am looking forward to many more with the Irishman!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Congratulations and Happy 4 years!

Michelle said...

That does sound like the perfect day! Congratulations on four years together!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great day. Where is the new Tex Mex place and what is it called?

You look adorable by the way - I can't wait to see you in person. :)