Tuesday, July 7, 2009
* I was at the limits on my pre-pregnancy swimsuit, and I found Target had their maternity suits on sale. Being as I have been going to water aerobics 2-3 times a week, a suit was a must! The belly on this one still has room for growth, but it must not be too bad...one of the ladies in class today asked me where I got it. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a maternity suit!
* We plan to paint my old dresser and were looking for a changing table to paint to match. This is my first Craig's List purchase. Grandma Betty and I went to pick it up on Friday. My clearance baskets from Target were down to under $2 so I picked up a few more. I think it is going to be perfect for what we want!
* Uncle Ken came over this weekend and helped to hang the clothes bars in the closet. (Doesn't it look great? Thank you!) Then yesterday I saw someone had posted on Freecycle a bag of plastic baby hangers. I went by to pick them up yesterday afternoon and then hung up all the clothes we've been given from family and friends. Free is my favorite bargain of all!
* I read in my Baby Bargains Book a review of the Lands End Diaper Bags. When I went online, the bags were 50% off. I also found an online coupon for free shipping. Not too shabby. My "total savings" column was more than my "total spent."
* Not pictured, but we went to the mall this weekend with the Irishman's eldest sister. I found a pair of DKNY PJs that were 50% off. VERY comfy! Add to that a $10 coupon, and they were a great deal! I also may or may not (wink wink) have hit Kohls when the maternity clothes were 50% off. Not too bad.
* Yesterday Grandma Betty and I went to pick out fabric for the nursery. We found some really nice fabric! Did I mention our three 40% off coupons?
This is why I work during the summer. Time off is a dangerous thing!