Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby Bargains



I had a few days off, so I did some shopping. Here is a look at some of my newest "Baby Bargains."

* I was at the limits on my pre-pregnancy swimsuit, and I found Target had their maternity suits on sale. Being as I have been going to water aerobics 2-3 times a week, a suit was a must! The belly on this one still has room for growth, but it must not be too bad...one of the ladies in class today asked me where I got it. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a maternity suit!

* We plan to paint my old dresser and were looking for a changing table to paint to match. This is my first Craig's List purchase. Grandma Betty and I went to pick it up on Friday. My clearance baskets from Target were down to under $2 so I picked up a few more. I think it is going to be perfect for what we want!

* Uncle Ken came over this weekend and helped to hang the clothes bars in the closet. (Doesn't it look great? Thank you!) Then yesterday I saw someone had posted on Freecycle a bag of plastic baby hangers. I went by to pick them up yesterday afternoon and then hung up all the clothes we've been given from family and friends. Free is my favorite bargain of all!

* I read in my Baby Bargains Book a review of the Lands End Diaper Bags. When I went online, the bags were 50% off. I also found an online coupon for free shipping. Not too shabby. My "total savings" column was more than my "total spent."

* Not pictured, but we went to the mall this weekend with the Irishman's eldest sister. I found a pair of DKNY PJs that were 50% off. VERY comfy! Add to that a $10 coupon, and they were a great deal! I also may or may not (wink wink) have hit Kohls when the maternity clothes were 50% off. Not too bad.

* Yesterday Grandma Betty and I went to pick out fabric for the nursery. We found some really nice fabric! Did I mention our three 40% off coupons?

This is why I work during the summer. Time off is a dangerous thing!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Great finds!

Anonymous said...

Aww baby bargain shopping, how fun. And great deals.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Love the fabrics. I'm back in FL in case you need help shopping some day!

Jenny said...

Shannon, I would love your help! I'll send you an e-mail and see if we can work out a time and place. = )