Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Celebrations Begin

I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

Saturday we went to a local St. Patrick's Day Parade. It was unbearably hot sunny and warm. In typical fashion we took WAY TOO MANY a fair number of pictures. I uploaded the pictures as I finished my Shamrock Shake from McDonalds. Yummy!

(I am actually posting tonight so that I will not get it in my head that I should try to edit the pictures in the morning and post them then. I know myself...this would only lead to me late to work...again! I am going to work on that tomorrow night. Really.)

My husband is the best ever...on Saturday night he made his own belated birthday dinner. We have had a joint birthday for Morgan and our neighbor Dave for the last three years. This year the Irishman wanted corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. I can cook, but those things are his specialty. (Side note: He learned to cook those things to appease his American friends, not because they are Irish!) Lyndsay and Dave couldn't get a sitter, but the twins were sound asleep and the baby monitor was on so we brought over the feast Morgan had prepared and had a wonderful meal on the patio. It was fantastic!

This morning we taught our CCD class and then enjoyed Mass with an Irish flair. There was a bag piper outside of the church. The soloist from our wedding also sang a few Irish hymns during the Mass. We were also stopped by Monsignor and one of the Irish nuns with St. Patrick Day well-wishes. It is a good thing I wore my bright green sweater.

After a quick stop at the mall to pick up a green work shirt for the Irishman, we went to my grandparents house for a joint birthday dinner for my aunt Emily and the Irishman. Grandma's cooking NEVER disappoints. I needed to be rolled out of there!

I said I was going to take a short nap when we got home. The Irishman went off to look at highlights from Liverpool's BIG WIN over Man United this weekend. At 7:15 he woke me up. I had NO idea what was going on. I was SURE that it was morning. But he seemed so calm as he told me it was time to get up. I must have looked thoroughly confused...he had to tell me it was night time. I still feel a bit disoriented!

I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

No comments: