Sunday, March 29, 2009

And We're Off

I have just a minute...the Irishman and his parents are downstairs. I am supposed to be packing. They decided yesterday at noon that we would leave at 2pm (as in 2 hours from when they told me) for the Florida Panhandle. Needless to say it is Sunday and we haven't left yet. I need more than 2 hours notice!

My in-laws have the keys to an empty apartment in Ft. Walton Beach and we are going to spend Spring Break there. (Remember I should have been on a cruise today but I prefer my husband not to be deported so I get the Florida panhandle instead. Sigh)

The apartment has no TV. My father-in-law is already going into CNN withdrawals.

The thing they most want to do on the trip? Drive to Alabama to mail a postcard. No offence to anyone from Alabama, but really? I am not getting this...

So, I am off for the week. I may see if I can figure out how to post from my phone. I'll have plenty of time to figure it out!

3 comments:

MN Mom said...

Why mail a postcard from Alabama? Explain please. And remember while you are on your road trip have fun...your cruise comes later.
(I love road trips!)

cndymkr / jean said...

Sorry about the cruise. And the Alabama thing, no clue.

Rachel said...

Never been to Ft. Walton, but Gulf Shores/Orange Beach is a fun place to visit. I'm sure your in-laws just want to "check-off" another state. My dad did the same thing going into Florida from Alabama last summer.

Have a very Happy Spring Break!