Sunday, March 29, 2009

And We're Off

I have just a minute...the Irishman and his parents are downstairs. I am supposed to be packing. They decided yesterday at noon that we would leave at 2pm (as in 2 hours from when they told me) for the Florida Panhandle. Needless to say it is Sunday and we haven't left yet. I need more than 2 hours notice!

My in-laws have the keys to an empty apartment in Ft. Walton Beach and we are going to spend Spring Break there. (Remember I should have been on a cruise today but I prefer my husband not to be deported so I get the Florida panhandle instead. Sigh)

The apartment has no TV. My father-in-law is already going into CNN withdrawals.

The thing they most want to do on the trip? Drive to Alabama to mail a postcard. No offence to anyone from Alabama, but really? I am not getting this...

So, I am off for the week. I may see if I can figure out how to post from my phone. I'll have plenty of time to figure it out!

3 comments:

MN Mom said...

Why mail a postcard from Alabama? Explain please. And remember while you are on your road trip have fun...your cruise comes later.
(I love road trips!)

jean said...

Sorry about the cruise. And the Alabama thing, no clue.

Rachel said...

Never been to Ft. Walton, but Gulf Shores/Orange Beach is a fun place to visit. I'm sure your in-laws just want to "check-off" another state. My dad did the same thing going into Florida from Alabama last summer.

Have a very Happy Spring Break!