Monday, December 15, 2008

Letting Go

I love the Irishman. He really is the best. (And I really mean that!) He actually has completely taken over Christmas cards this year. I was ready to send just a regular card this year. We have boxes of cards we bought at Target last year at 90% off. I'm talking half a dozen boxes of $0.79 beautiful cards!

The Irishman would have nothing of it.

He said his family expected the whole "American" experience. The photo card. The letter. I gave in.

The Irishman usually writes the letter himself. This year I was a bit of a Scrooge and vetoed the letter twice. He eventually decided he needed a new direction and he wrote the letter from Rafa. The man who swore we would never get a cat wrote the Christmas letter as if he was the cat.

Never thought THAT would happen!

Last night I had a migraine. I was not good for anything. I had SO much planned for last night. Instead I spent the evening on the couch with an ice pack.

After about an hour on the computer, the Irishman read me Rafa's letter the final draft. I felt like...well, you can fill that in...but I gave the okay.

I woke up with morning to see the letters printed and stuffed. I did the verbal okay, but I never proofread the letters.

I am letting go.

Really.

I love him and this was his project. There are just some run on sentences and some missing commas. The teacher in my wanted to get out the red pen and make some friendly suggestions before I realized the letter had already been printed x50. I know I am not perfect either. If you've read my blog you know that. I can't complain.

Letting go...

1 comment:

Agate Lake Girl said...

I was hoping to get a copy of Rafa's letter, no?