Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas!

One of our favorite stops in NYC is the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. I have more pictures to share, but I thought I would start with the ones with Santa and Christmas Trees!



It will be Christmas here in just about 5 hours. My husband is tearing apart our suitcases. We exchanged most of our gift last Friday on our 'American Christmas Day' but it seems he cannot find the gift he brought for me to open here. He is going crazy. He went so far as to accuse me of finding it and hiding it from him.

We will soon be getting ready for Mass tonight. We bought extra bottles of Tanora and are preparing the ham and spiced beef for sandwiches after 'midnight' Mass.

While we can get carried away with the Santas, and trees, and missing presents, the Irishman and I found a reminder of the meaning of Christmas while in New York. We went to Mass at St. Patrick's as we'd planned. For communion, we were led across the church and ended up here.



After Mass we both said we felt like we'd been led there by the Holy Spirit. We took some time to pray and reflect before moving on. It was quite special and something we will remember. The pictures do not do it justice.

So from chilly Ireland I send warm wishes to you and yours. Merry Happy Christmas!

1 comment:

Basham said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I know Ireland is a blast! You guys are making memories that will last a life! Have fun and be safe!