Only 1 and 1/2 days left of school...for the kids at least. I have a few days after that in my classroom to wrap things up, but that's okay. At least the end is in sight!
I found out a couple of days ago that I am teaching summer school. It may seem odd to be counting down to the end of the school year if I am teaching summer school, but there is a big difference. First, there is a small break in between. I could use a few days off! Secondly, summer school is the best ever summer job. I work for 4 hours a day for 4 weeks and make as much as I did working 8 weeks of summer camp. I will have time after my 4 hours to work in my classroom if I feel like and if I don't feel like it I can go home.
We also booked our summer vacation. We'd both been waiting for approval from our employers on the dates. We decided that the cruise we took summer before last was one of the most relaxing things we've done. So we are going back on the same ship doing the Western Caribbean this time. We will stop at Grand Cayman, Roatan Island, Belize, and Cozumel. It tooks us a little over a week to narrow it down, but we are happy with our choice!
We were hoping to make it to Fayetteville for a wedding later this month, but the flights are outrageous. I hope I can find something reasonable soon. Morgan and I really would like to go!
Other summer plans:
- READ! I have a pile of books ready. = )
- Start a compost bin. I have been researching this and have almost talked myself into it. If you have any experience in this, please e-mail me!
- Research/plan container gardening
- Declutter 15 minutes a day in my classroom
- Watch the required ESOL DVDs
- Finally take my charity box to the thrift store
- Spend time with my sister-in-law(s) when/if they come to visit
- Find and use the Disney tickets left over from December
That's enough for now!