Monday, June 9, 2008

Looking Back: Brisbane

One year ago Morgan and I were in Australia. I was reading Pioneer Woman Cooks last week and she happened to mention how much she loved Brisbane. I can second that!

I am working in my classroom and running errands this week, so I thought I would relive last summer's vacation. It really was a spectacular trip - it is worth reliving! So...we are starting in Brisbane, Australia. Morgan and I spent 4 days there and loved every minute of it. It is the kind of place you would want to live.

Here are my actual e-mails and pictures. Enjoy!

Email #1:

Hello from Down Under!

Morgan and I found in internet cafe, so I have 8 minutes left to give you the latest on our trip!




Day 1: LA
We stayed up all night before our trip and then flew to LA bright and early. The seats did not recline, so we were exhausted! We got to LA at like 10am and did not leave until 11pm. We took a bus in LA to Santa Monica. (Yes Lyndsay, the 75 cent bus!) It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. We made it
back to the airport with only 4 hours to spare...we thought we would never leave! Qantus was great though and the flight was non eventful.




Day 2 : Brisbane
We landed and get to the hotel to find out that our room was not yet ready...so we walked to the church for mass. We had been up for way to long by this point...and were slightly smelly...but they asked us to carry up the gifts!
We were mortified but agreed...and the homily was about taking part in the mass so we were glad we had! We went shopping and were in bed by 1pm...had plans to get up but slept through to the next morning!




Day 3: Brisbane
We met up with Morgan's mom's best friend and two of her kids. (The siblings of the Australian who stayed with us in Delray a few months back) We went to a park for a picnic and had a great time. It reminded me of a painting I studied in college...everyone sitting out with wine and all.. We took the
ferry around and had a great day




Day 4:
I am out of time, but we are in South bank at a man made beach...more to tell later!




I've uploaded the rest of my pictures to an album. You can click here if you want to see more!

Brisbane Summer 2007

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! Y'all really get around. My next big trip will be Scotland, of course!...I hope. Are you going anywhere this year? How often do you get to go to Ireland?

Jenny said...

We are "only" going on a cruise this year. Morgan says all his co-workers are disappointed we are not doing more. = )

We try to go to Houston for Thanksgiving and Ireland for Christmas. We made an extra trip to Ireland for my brother-in-law's wedding in October.

Haven't been to Scotland yet...so many places on my wish list!