Saturday, June 7, 2008

Starting Summer

The first day of summer vacation has been a great one! Morgan and I had a lazy morning. I managed to wash all the throw rugs in the house and hang them outside to dry. (Sad I know, but it is the little things like that that tell you it is really summer!)

My Uncle Ken came over for a quick visit. He is going to take a Finn the Frog with him on vacation next week. Ken was also took a look at a plumbing puzzle we have going on. I love an excuse to see my uncle.

Morgan and I also went to the pool and swam a few laps before assuming the usual positions - I read my book while Morgan fell asleep. The pool was not too crowded so we enjoyed ourselves.

After our swim we drove up to Palm Beach Gardens to meet up with the Nantze family for dinner. We met up at Cantina Larado. We'd never been there, but it was quite nice. I had not seen Mauree in over two years so it was great to catch up! The boys seem to be enjoying the vacation - they do love to swim!

On the way home we stopped at the Publix Greenwise Market. They just opened one in Boca, but I wanted to compare stores. (Yes, I know it is sad!) Even better, the toothpaste I wanted was on sale. After reading Gorgeously Green I have been changing products. They had Tom's of Maine toothpaste on sale at Greenwise so I used that as my excuse. I also found Preserve toothbrushes and razors so I bought one to try it out before I order online. Morgan still isn't sold on the recycled toothbrush thing.

I've started and ended my day with a little yoga and I feel like the summer is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like a good start! I don't care how hot it is...I love this time of year! :o)