Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkins Round 1

I feel like my to do list is smothering me. Just when I think I have things under control I remember another few things I’ve neglected to do. Working outside the home full time with two children is a balancing act at its best, but lately I feel like I’m struggling to keep up with it all.

In all this I haven’t been making time to do the things I enjoy. I can’t remember the last time I baked. Even picture taking and blogging have taken a back seat. I got birthday money to use for pampering myself and I haven’t had a chance to actually do it.

Oddly enough the one thing I have found time for is reading. Thanks to the public library I have an audiobook on my phone and I read on my Kindle for about 15 minutes each night while I wait for Caitlin to fall asleep.

So this weekend I decided to try to make some time for things I enjoy. I’d planned on baking but that didn’t happen. The Irishman had to work on Saturday. Nana and Granda had plans as well so I took the kids to the pumpkin patch. I love pumpkins. And I love pumpkin pictures!

IMG_0455

(Auntie June – Doggy was the one friend chosen to join us for pumpkin fun!)

IMG_0466

I figured we would go back as a family, but we have a busy October planned for us. I wanted to take advantage of the dry day just in case we didn’t get another chance! As luck would have it we had lots of pumpkin-ing this weekend!

IMG_0463


IMG_0471


IMG_0468

Caitlin was obsessed with the wagon. When our favorite purple dinosaur went to the farm Baby Bob sang about a little red wagon. Caitlin HAD to pull the wagon.

IMG_0503


IMG_0513


IMG_0506


IMG_0472


IMG_0514


IMG_0523


IMG_0519



We ended up coming home with four pumpkins. We’d hoped to carve them, but we ran out of weekend! With the Florida heat we’ll have to do it in the next couple of nights or they will go rotten!


IMG_0515

I’d hoped for a sweet sibling picture. This is just about as good as I could get.

IMG_0520


IMG_0507


IMG_0521


IMG_0508


IMG_0524


They added a little “hayride” this year. They just drove around the parking lot – not even around the pumpkins – but Catlin LOVED it. She was talking about the hayride for the rest of the day!


IMG_0525


I *should* be working on lesson plans and grading papers and making lunches and answering work e-mails and cleaning and ironing clothes right now, but I needed to do this for me. Besides…who needs sleep?

P.S. I finally got around to changing the blog header. If you follow in a reader or via e-mail, click over and check it out. It was a bit past due!

2 comments:

Thyra said...

I don't know how you do everything you do AND are still able to capture the moments in pictures even if it's not as many as you hoped. Chasing after 2 little ones looking through a camera lens is a true talent. We can't beat ourselves up for the things that we don't get to. As long as the kids are happy and learning like the little people that they are growing into is the main thing and what we, as parents, have to remember. It's hard work and makes us realize what great parents we had as teachers to us.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Glad you took some time for you! It's important to recharge!