Monday, October 29, 2012

Look Out Hollywood!

The Irishman and his parents left Friday in the middle of the hurricane for a cruise to the Bahamas. The kids and I were out of school so it was a rainy day at home. It was a HARD day. A certain little girl had woken up at 4:30am and didn’t nap. The storm made it rainy and miserable out. It was rough.

Thankfully Saturday was a new day. The sun was shining and everyone was in great spirits, Sunday morning we got in the car for 9:00 Mass at 9:23. That is too late even for me, so I decided to take a trip to Publix first and go to 10:30 Mass.

My kids are very good at church, but solo with the two of them still makes me nervous. I prayed on the way there for strength to get through without disturbing others. Thanks to Franken-storm there were some early snow birds in town and it was crowded.

Our parish is mostly older adults. While I am always worried about the reactions, they are really great. Each week someone will stop us to compliment how well behaved the kids were or to praise us for bringing them to church. It is a huge help. It is like having extra grandparents looking out for us each week.

Sean was rather fussy today. I thought I was going to have to leave early so I’d asked Caitlin to pack up the Elmo bag of “Church Books” that we bring with us. The lady next to me was helping to distract Sean and I was busy doing the same.

Caitlin whispered to let me know she’d finished putting the books away and I saw this:

IMAG1401


It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. She found six months worth of “fun stuff” in the bottom of the bag we bring with us to church each week and she put it all on at once. I’m pretty sure it might have been a message from above telling me to relax and not to worry about a fussy boy during Mass.


IMAG1397


Caitlin stopped traffic on the way out of Mass. People stopped her to shake hands and they all said she looked like she belonged in Hollywood. Caitlin didn’t see what the fuss was about and went about her usual routine of saying a prayer to Mary and rocking on the bench.


IMAG1398


I’ve discovered that I have LOTS of shorts for Sean, but the only pants we have are sweats or camo. I figured at least he was wearing a tie! I’ll have to work on that! We’ve been promised cooler weather soon!


IMAG1400


These pictures make me smile.


IMAG1402


Such personalities!


IMAG1399


It was a nice weekend in the end, but I am so glad to have the Irishman back today! We all missed having Daddy around!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love the photos! You are a better woman than me, i would have laughed out loud if i'd turned around to Caitlin's outfit. So adorable and funny!