Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shutterfly Before Time Flies...

My love affair with Shutterfly began soon after Caitlin was born. There was a $20 voucher in the bag we got from the hospital. I had a precious new baby and a camera full of pictures. It was a match made in heaven! We made a few gifts for our parents and then discovered the cards. We take our cards seriously around here.

This year we sent St. Patrick's Day Cards....


and Belated Thank You Cards...



I am slightly embarrassed to admit that the pile of belated thank you cards is still sitting here waiting to be mailed. I guess that sort-of defeats the purpose.

It is also the reason that I LOVE the fact that you can make cards on Shutterfly and have them mailed directly to the person you are sending them to. It is as if they were thinking of people like me when they added that feature....it is the only way my birthday cards get there on time!

As you might imagine, the Christmas card is THE card of the year. The Irishman spent hours googling ideas for the perfect Christmas card photo. I'm fairly certain the new camera was purchased with the Christmas card in mind.

We have the photos ready and now we have started the hunt for just the Christmas photo card.

The Irishman requires a card that includes the words, "Merry Christmas" so we have to sift through the lovely "Seasons Greetings" and "Happy Holidays" for something that shouts Christmas cheer. Thankfully you can narrow down your criteria when searching the Holiday photo cards.

Even cards that say, "Merry Christmas" can be vetoed for colors that are not festive enough.

Too brown....






















Too pink...


Doesn't say "Christmas"...



 I give the Irishman a hard time, but I have a thing against photo cards that look like they are missing "Insert Photo Here" in the middle. Holiday photo cards have come such a long way. I want something that looks like a work of art...not a cheap looking standard card with a box in the middle for your picture.

We started looking in early November. We just finally narrowed down our top two. Being as so many members of our family (on both sides of the pond) get my blog posts e-mailed to the directly, I'm not going to show my final card just yet. We have a hard time with surprises around here...I have to keep SOMETHING to myself!

Here were some of our favorites that didn't make the cut:





 

We have several projects saved and keep going back to our favorites. If we don't make up our minds soon we will be sending belated Christmas cards! Some things never change...

Disclosure: While I LOVE Shutterfly and probably would have ordered from them anyway, they sweetened the deal with the current offer for bloggers. Thanks to this post I am getting 50 free cards. For more information, see the offer here. Just my honest opinion here, folks!

No comments: