Friday, July 4, 2008

A WHOLE Lot of Fun

It has been a great couple of days. Yesterday after summer school I took a trip to Whole Foods. I would love to be able to shop there regularly, but my checkbook doesn't allow it. I told myself that Thursday's visit was my treat for teaching summer school. I love that place!

I had been looking for non-toxic nail polish, so I picked up two bottles and ordered non-toxic nail polish remover. (Yet another idea I got from Gorgeously Green) Last night I decided to give myself a home pedicure. I am quite pleased with the results. I picked a shiny red color in honor of the Independence Day holiday.

I also bought some frozen treats from Whole Foods. Chocolate gives me migraines, and most nice frozen treats are chocolate. A while back a friend from Scouts was telling me about Tofutti Cuties. Publix only carries chocolate flavored Cuties, but Whole Foods had Key Lime Pie Sandwiches. It tastes just like ice cream but they are actually dairy-free soy based products. I am sold on them! Morgan's only complaint was that they are too small.

I love Stonyfield Farms yogurts. I have found that artificial sweeteners can also give me headaches, but these are safe. Publix only carries a few flavor varieties, but Whole Foods has MANY choices. I picked up a few yogurts and then found that they also have ice cream! Not only that, they had nice non-chocolate flavored ice creams. I picked up two pints. I figured I'd worked for it!

Last night I had class. (I am taking my third ESOL course from Lynn) but we got done early, so Morgan and I watched a few more episodes of ER. (From the season he bought me for ER day) We had some popcorn. I recently discovered Orville Redenbacher's Organic Butter Popcorn. (Again I avoid artificial sweeteners and have to be picky!) It looks deceivingly flavorless due to a lack of fake butter color, but it is yummy!

This morning we woke early and decided to head to the beach before the rain came. We read under the umbrella and went for a swim. It was wonderful! I really like our little local beach. As we left the beach at 1:00 I could see the lightening in the distance. It is the rainy season so mornings are fine, but it rains almost EVERY afternoon. So we headed home and watched The Patriot as we finished off another bag for my new favorite popcorn. (We were going for a nice patriotic film)

We made burgers for dinner. We made Smoky Oven O-Rings and Crash Hot Potatoes as well. The burgers and potatoes were fantastic, the onion rings looked good, but weren't anything we will try again. It was a great feast though and I got to use my tropical patriotic platter. We'll have some of my new frozen treats later!



We'd planned to head to FAU for music and fireworks, but it is still a bit wet. Our backup plan was to head back to the beach for fireworks, but I can hear the rain pick up as I type this so I think I am going to make a case for watching them on TV. Rain or not it has been a great couple of days!

Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love those Tofuttie Cuties! The whole foods market is a bit pricey, but sometimes you can get good sales.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Your blog is making me hungry again!

Rachel said...

It looks like you had a fabulous 4th of July! Don't you just love The Patriot? I still tear up everytime that youngest daughter says "Daddy, don't go."