Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The End of the Christmas Posts

I’d planned to make a cake for Christmas. My mom always made a Christmas tree cake for my brother’s birthday. I bought the cake pan last year and had visions of making a perfect Christmas tree cake.

It never happened.

I was going to try again this year. We ran out of time on Christmas Eve. On Christmas we realized we were out of eggs. In the end I decided we would have cake on the Epiphany instead. We told Caitlin that Christmas was his birthday, but that this was his birthday party.

I also gave up on the cake and let her decorate it herself. It was more fun that way.

IMG_0165

It might just have become an accidental tradition.

jesuscake

This is video of Sean blowing out the candle. It took a while, but he got it in the end.

(And no, he was not as close to the flame as he looks there - it is the camera angle!)

We also painted the ornaments we’d made earlier. (Another Christmas project we didn’t get to until after the fact!
ornmntdec1
They had a blast with our final Christmas fun!

No comments: