Friday, February 18, 2011

PSF: Dinner for Daddy

I had nothing planned for Valentine's Day this year. I'm ashamed to admit it, but my mind was blank. I'd looked for DVDs and other common things the Irishman enjoys. I came up with NOTHING.

After my doctor's appointment on Monday I had a little bit of time before picking up Caitlin so I stopped at PF Changs for a gift card for my secret pal at work. After making my purchase I lingered a bit thinking. We'd already taken something out for dinner, but I decided on take away as a Valentine's Day treat.

Caitlin and I stopped to see her great-grandparents for Valentine's Day kisses before heading home with our dinner surprise. Once home, Caitlin had the great idea of leaving a message for Daddy. Seriously, she picked up the chalk and started to draw so I went with it...


The Irishman surprised me with these flowers at school. I love tulips.


I surprised him with dinner on the table and a toddler dressed for the occasion. Nana and Auntie Chris bought the dress for her when they were in China last year. Morgan was thrilled to see Caitlin wearing the dress and slippers!

 

Caitlin was thrilled to have rice and noodles!

 

(That girl LOVES to eat!)

It came together at the last minute, but it was a lovely evening.


Even Caitlin thought so!

~~~~~~


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli


4 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Awww so sweet!

Cecily R said...

Last minute dates like that are the ones that mean the most I think. Great pictures...that Caitlin gets cuter every time I see her!

Run DMT said...

I was fresh out of ideas this Valentine's Day and I was so unprepared for the holiday. Usually, I put a lot more thought and effort into it, but this year, it seemed to sneak up on me.

You pulled off a great last-minute job! WTG, mama! And your daughter's dress was a nice touch. :-)

Leslie said...

Tulips are my favorite, too!