Friday, June 19, 2009

It's NOT the Dryer

The Irishman gets back from his business trip today! He doesn't leave town often for work, so this was a big deal for him. He e-mailed several of my friends and my summer camp boss with an e-mail called "Jenny Watch" asking them to keep an eye on me and to be sure that I don't over do it. He's too much! I'm happy to report I survived without him...just barely!

One of the quirks about my husband is his view towards laundry. While I had been doing most of the laundry before I got pregnant, the Irishman has stepped it up recently to help me out. He has no problem going laundry, as long as he does not have to match the sock. While I knew of his aversion, I recently discovered that it is NOT the dryer eating my socks....

my husband hides them!

The Irishman really hates matching socks. He avoids it like the plague. His avoidance has led to the blue bag. When he folds the laundry, he leaves his socks in a pile and then adds them to a blue laundry bag. Even when I fold the laundry, he will just add the matched pairs of socks to the blue bag. Occasionally he will have a big sock match up, but more frequently he just pulls out the bag and wears whatever socks he can match that particular morning.

A couple of months ago I was out of socks. All of the laundry had been washed, but my socks were no where to be found....until I looked in his blue bag. There were 8 pairs of MY socks matched and thrown in his bag. It seemed he picked them up by mistake.

Last week I was out of clean underwear. I was frustrated because only some of my undies still fit and I was out of those pairs. Again, it seemed like all the laundry was clean...I couldn't figure it out.

This week while he was out of town I found a basket of clean clothes my husband hadn't gotten around to folding or putting away. And yep, there was a week's worth of my clean undies.

I can't complain too much because he does help with the laundry. So I've learned my lesson. Next time I am out of clothes I will go on a search and rescue mission!

3 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Too funny. yes I would just be glad to have the help, lol

Heather said...

Milk it for ALL it's worth!

Agate Lake Girl said...

It's the reverse in our household. Jon always complains that he is missing socks because when I do the laundry I throw away all the ones with holes. (He would continue to wear them until they fell apart!)