Thursday, December 13, 2012

Family Cruise Day 3

We started day three by ordering room service. The kids weren’t quite sure what to think of it, but the hot tea won Caitlin over!

ncl5

We then got dressed and ready for the Bahamas!

IMG_1147

Our plan was simple – find the local Catholic Church for Mass, walk around, and get back on the boat before the crowds. We got to the church at the top of a hill carrying both kids only to discover Mass was just ending and there was about an hour and a half to wait. We’d walked past a Dunkin’ Donuts on the way, so we walked back for breakfast while we waited for Mass. The kids did well considering all the walking and waiting!

ncl7

Back on the boat we went to our favorite spot for pizza and pasta.

IMG_1154


NCL6

We got a bonus towel animal this day. Caitlin was impressed!

IMG_1146

That afternoon we took naps and Caitlin went to a Dora and Diego Dance Party in the Kids’ Club. Once the boat left Nassau things got a little rough. It was really rocking once we got to dinner.

IMG_1158

Ummm. Dinner. We had the one and only bad staff experience at dinner that night. Everyone else was so accommodating, but this waitress was a little short with us. When Caitlin’s meal came she asked to sit in my lap. I thought it odd, but my food hadn’t come yet so I went along with it.

Then she got sick. All over me. Fun!

Our clueless waitress brought our food out at the same time. Yuck!

We changed Caitlin’s clothes and the Irishman walked her back. I asked the head waiter if we could get our dessert to go. I didn’t have a free hand and the boat was rocking so he sent a waiter to walk the dessert back to the room with me. I appreciated the help - and the dessert was yummy, too!

It was a yucky way to end the cruise, but truthfully it wasn’t THAT bad. It was a one-time sea sickness. We all went to bed and slept well.

IMG_1163

In the morning Caitlin and I woke up before the boys and went up to see the boat pull into Miami. I was nervous about how the whole cruising with kids thing would go, but it was great!

(Caitlin was just looking over my shoulder and said, “Mom! That is a picture of us from the big boat!”)

~~~~~~~~~~
 
So I have bronchitis and a double ear infection. I asked the doctor about going back to work today and she reluctantly agreed with several ifs – IF I take the medicine right away, IF I was my hands all day, IF I take it easy, IF I am feeling better. I’d thought about it, but last night I felt like I’d been hit by a bus. I decided I didn’t want to be super woman. I have a sub in my room for 9 of the last 10 school days – it was not going to be an easy day. I took the day off to recover. Sean was up for couple of hours last night so it was a good call! He was still fever free though so it was back to school for him and I had the house to myself. I have to face the music tomorrow though!

No comments: