Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve Fun

After the "Happy Zoo Year" celebrations (more on that later) we headed to West Palm Beach to see Sandi, the 30 foot Christmas Tree.  NYE was the last night for the tree and other sand sculptures. )(Or sand vultures if you ask Caitlin!) Almost as soon as we got there, a nice older couple stopped and offered to take our picture.




The kind woman was wearing an ugly short sleeve Christmas sweater and had a collection of Santa hats in her bag that she let us wear for our picture. Morgan had just passed comment about how we left our hats in the car when she walked up to us. We took their picture and parted ways.


Next to the tree was a mini golf course. Caitlin was thrilled to play and started to get the hang of it.



Sean tried,


but found it more fun to throw the ball.



Caitlin took a picture with the 'mingos just for 'B'


After golf we loaded the kids back into the wagon for a snack and to see the rest of the decorations.


Caitlin took this picture.



We picked up some pizza on the way home and watched Dumbo together before putting the kids to bed. They had a great day. We'd decided at the last minute to check out the Christmas decorations in West Palm and I'm glad we did. Caitlin woke up this morning asking to go back!

~~~~~~~~~

One of my big goals this year is to get back into blogging. Last year I really focused on my teaching blog. In the spring, I often stayed up late and worked on that and it took up all of my free time. Once I changed roles at school, I just didn't have time for any of it. I let both blogs go a bit. Funny enough, I am now making a (little) money monthly from my teachers pay teachers store even though I've put less time into it. We'll call that dumb luck and the products I put time into last spring finally paying off!

Regardless, I miss blogging and reading blogs. When I was nursing, it was easy to write a quick blog each morning while pumping. Now that a certain young man wakes up as soon as my feet touch the floor in the morning, I haven't found the time in my day that blogging fits into. We made the move from PC to Mac, and while I love the computer, I just haven't gotten into my grove yet. I loved Windows Love Writer to blog and Google Reader to keep up with the blogs I read. I haven't found replacements I like. 

My goal for the new year is to find time to make it work. We'll see how it goes. Like most working moms, it is finding time for myself that is the hardest. I'm going to make an effort though!

1 comment:

Agate Lake Girl said...

I hear ya. Finding time to blog and read blogs is harder with two kids! I always read yours (eventually) even if I don't have time to comment. Love all the pics recently too. :)